2 DAY SCOTTISH WINTER MOUNTAINEERING COURSE
This is the ultimate Scottish winter mountaineering course and another really popular course for a good reason. Over the 2 days your learn the skills required to head out in the mountains at winter. You will cover all the fundamentals of winter mountaineering such as navigation, rope work, Crampon skills and of course avalanche awareness. Our Bed and breakfast accommodation is on the foot of some of the most iconic mountains in Scotland are ready for you to explore.
Friday – Arrive
- Arrive and check in with your host relax and take it easy.
Saturday – Winter Navigation.
- An early start is greeted by some home cook porridge and continental breakfast before meeting your instructor for the day. Today your be heading out on the mountains learning all about winter navigation, avalanches and plenty more. After a full day out on the mountains your be wanting to fill up and eat a hearty meal at the North wests most iconic mountain up the Clacaig pub in Glencoe.
Sunday – Mountaineering day.
- Today is your day to try your hand at and Scottish winter climbing / mountaineering your have the same guide as yesterday and he / she will guide you up one of the many amazing routes on the North west. After quick debrief and some tea or coffee you be ready to depart at time that suits you ( normally around 5ish ) – alternatively why not stay an extra night and head back in the morning.
Location: North west Scotland
Cost: £340 pp (Single Adult) | £300 (2 + Adults)
Duration: 3 Days
Over duration of the 2 day on the Winter Mountaineer course your be taken on some of the best and most iconic winter routes in the Lake District. As well as looking at the key skills to mountaineering in the winter .
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Enough clothes to keep warm and dry in all weathers
- Climbing axe
- B rated boots ….. Winter boots and summer boots are very different
- Plenty of food and drink
- Head torch
- Hat and gloves
- Harness & helmet
Dates for winter 2021
- January 8th – 10th 2021
- January 11th -13th 2021
- Febuaray 14th – 16th 2021
Booking couldn’t be easier simply select the dates you want using the calendar below, select the total amount of participants and then follow the instructions – As easy as that!
IDURING THE COURSE YOU COVER
- Moving correctly on steep ground and using an ice axe correctly
- Planning your winter walking trip
- Avalanche awareness
- Winter navigation
- Emergency Procedures
- Winter climbing up to Grade 3 ( conditions dependent )
The course fee includes full instruction from a qualified and experienced Winter Mountaineering Instructor certificate holder. As well as bed and breakfast and lunch for your day out.
WHO IS ITS SUITABLE FOR?
This course is aimed at people who have done some mountaineering in the summer and are looking to take it to the winter. You should have scrambled up to grade 2/3 in the summer before.
BOOK A SKILLS COURSE
Please either select a chosen skills course from those listed below by entering your preferred dates into the date picker or complete the contact form below to begin the booking process for your chosen course. A member of Mountain Adventure team will contact you once received to confirm and complete the booking process with you.