TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of the full payment or a deposit of 25%. Booking must be paid in full no later than seven days before an event or course is about start. Once we have agreed to take a booking from a customer, the customer is entering into a contract with Mountain Adventure Lake District.
2. Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian throughout the event to be able to participate.
3. After booking, you have three days in which to change to another event or cancel your booking. If you cancel within three days you will receive a full refund. After the three-day period, we may only provide a maximum refund of 50%. This includes altering the event participants and requested number of instructors. We strongly recommend you take out cancellation and curtailment insurance.
4. In the event that Mountain Adventure Lake District must cancel an event before the intended start date, you will receive a full refund for the fee. We will always seek a viable alternative if possible. We will not be held responsible to other losses (accommodation, fuel costs, food, etc) occurred to the cancellation of the event. Again, for this reason we recommend you take out cancellation and curtailment insurance.
5. Mountain Adventure Lake District reserves the right to vary walks or events from the specification set out in the confirmation. This is most likely to be a weather-dependent action. We will aim to keep an event as true to the booking as possible.
6. All bookings are made on the basis that customers will observe the safety instructions provided by Mountain Adventure Lake District staff. To ignore these instructions, you do so at your own risk. The word of the instructor/leader/guide is final.
7. Mountain Adventure Lake District reserves the right to exclude customers from an event if they are not adequately prepared, not fit enough, or their actions will jeopardise their own, other customer’s, or the instructor’s safety. We also reserve the right to exclude a customer if their attitude is aggressive or offensive. If you leave an event part way through and you and the guide are happy with the action, then the guide’s duty of care over you ends there.
8. Mountain Adventure Lake District accepts no responsibility for customers’ personal property that may be lost or damaged during the event. This includes property left in the leader’s car during an event.
9. Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury and death. All staff employed by the company are trained and appropriately qualified to run courses and will at all times proceed in a manner to limit the risk of injury. However, customers need to accept that accidents and injuries can happen. To participate in the event you will need to read our disclosure of risk and sign the acknowledgment of risk.
10. In the case where the organiser is not participating in the event, it is the organiser’s responsibility to pass on all information to the participants (kit list, terms and conditions, and event information).
11. Provisional bookings will be held for five days only. After this period, Mountain Adventure Lake District reserves the right to alter any previous quote provided. A provisional booking should not be interpreted as forming a contract between the parties.
12 Mountain Adventure Lake District’s responsibility for you on the event begins at the designated meet point on your event itinerary. Mountain Adventure Lake District takes no responsibility for getting you to the beginning of the event.
13. By signing and completing a booking, you consent to Mountain Adventure Lake District using any media (including photographs and/or video footage) made of you during the event which may or may not encompass intellectual property rights belonging to you. These images may be used by Mountain Adventure Lake District for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, websites, marketing material, and in the media. If you do not wish for your image to be used, you must inform Mountain Adventure Lake District before the event.
14. By completing the booking, you consent to your contact information being held by us. This information will not be passed on to third parties. Your information, and that of your emergency contact, will however, be passed on to the appropriate Lakeland Mountain Guides staff running the event. Mountain Adventure Lake District will use your personal information to keep in touch by newsletter and email.
15. By completing a booking, you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.